Donate

Support us by donating :)




Ad

Ad

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Interview: Tribulance

Recently, DutchMetalManiac's Alessandro reviewed Tribulance's The Aftermath Of Lies here. Now he also has interviewed their bass player Gino Silva and guitar player Sal Flores, which you can read below.

Guys, I’m very honoured to be granted this interview! I want to say again, I love your album. I hope my 10/10 at DutchMetalManiac means something for you! Actually I’m giving it an 11/10 in honour of RIP Jim Marshall.

Gino Silva: Thank you for this! And it does mean a lot! Let me give you a quick rundown of who is who in the group; I’m the bass player; Mike Vidal, lead vocals; Brandon Lee, drummer; and Sal Flores, guitar player.

So, tell us the origins of your band name, I try not to Google too much so what DOES that word mean?

Sal: Tribulance is a made up word derived from the term “trials and tribulations”.

How and where’d you meet?

Sal: I have known Gino and Mike from other musical endeavors around the late 80’s, early 90’s. We had a couple stints with some bands but actually got together and formed Tribulance in the early 90’s. Brandon was introduced to me and Mike by Gino around 2011/2012, when we reformed the group and needed a new drummer. Although, we all grew up on the south side of Tucson so it feels like we’ve all known each other all our lives since we’re from the same area.

Are you all actually friends or is it just business?

Sal: The friendship HAS to be there or else nothing else will fall into place properly…so yes.

Gino: But, we as a band also understand it’s a business and can separate the two.

Is the world a better place with all this new technology for spreading the gift of music or was it better to copy LP’s to cassettes and spread it around?

Sal: I think new technology already has made the world a better place to spread music. The music industry hasn’t harnessed a way, however, to balance how music is marketed and sold. I think we are in an infancy stage with where the world is at with technology and the spreading and selling of music.

Your music is powerful and heavy; tell us when and where your best times for inspiration are.

Sal: My inspirations for writing music mostly come from my own personal life experiences.

Gino: For me, it’s thoughts that just pop into my head, like a movie scene, that turns into music.

Without being disrespectful to a band’s originality, I always like to cite some influences that my ear picks out or I think picks out; do you guys do this when you’re working out your arrangements? You have some great influences! Who’s everyone’s favourite band?

Sal: I really don’t have “favorites”. I could spend all day talking about artists that I’ve admired and still admire. I even admire artists who are new and just coming out with music. I can name some bands who I’ve looked up to: Boston, Van Halen, Dokken, Judas Priest, Metallica, Beastie Boys, Fear Factory and Enya just to name a few.

When writing music there is no effort on my part to purposely sound like any particular band. If it just sounds good and pretty killer to us then we roll with it. It’s not intentional if anything we do sounds or reminds anyone of another band. I realize that some inspirations may show through. But again, it’s not intentional.

Gino: For me, of course, my favorite band is Motley Crue!

Onstage, 90% and live to fight another day or 110% and see what happens the next day?

Sal: 110% all the time…every time.

Speaking of stages, you’re not on an especially heavy tour schedule as of yet; are there more dates lined up for this year? Any chance you’re coming to Canada?

Sal: If the chance presents itself and we could all pull it off and make it happen then absolutely! We would love to go to Canada!

Gino: If Canada wants us, sure! As for any future dates, we have some local shows lined up.

I want to thank you so much for taking the time for us!

Gino: No, thank you!

As we go, give us “Tribulance’s Turbulence” for 2017:

WW III or Peace on Earth?

Sal: Of course peace on earth would be awesome. But whatever happens, we’ll go out playing Metal to whoever wants some.

Aliens Land – Aliens Keep On Going?

Sal: Let the Aliens land so we can play for them and get some new fans.

Music Industry Better – Music Industry Worse

Sal: Better in some areas….worse in others. We hope that it’ll ALL gets better.

USA Beer Better – Canadian Beer Better

Sal: If they both can do the job and get us drunk enough then both sides win!

Currently reading….which books?

Sal: Way too much of a busy schedule to read. Too bad. I barely have time to read text messages!!

Gino: Not currently reading any, but the last one I read was Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries.

Thank you again for taking important time to talk to little ol’ me. Do you have any last comments for DutchMetalManiac’s readers? All the best success!

Gino: Only that the album will be released May 5th. Although you can pre order it on both iTunes or at Google Play . Make sure to check us out on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter...and to all the fans, thank you!

Sal: AND THANK YOU!!!!

Tribulance Facebook
Tribulance Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment