Donate

Support us by donating :)




Sunday, September 4, 2016

Review: ThrOes - This Viper Womb


I was surprised to hear that Kevin Talley, known for playing drums in Suffocation and Dying Fetus, was playing drums here also. I did not know what to expect, but since I knew that Kevin was playing the drums on the record I expected something that was in his neighborhood with high tempos and brutal blast beats.

I was quite surprised that the general feel of the album was really slow paced with quite different drum patterns than usual from Mr. Talley. Now, the quality of the recording is quite high, even with large amounts of dissonant chords and slow pacing the guitar can always be heard and, even in the dissonant parts, all notes can be clearly heard. The bass is mixed in right, which can be heard through the record with a solid punch. The drums are heard with the usual quality of the sound, although I can complain about the bass drum a little, as even with triggers the sound of it does get lost sometimes in the mix when the bpm gets a bit higher than usual on this record. The vocals are performed with quite a bit of different vocal styles, and the difference in style does fit in well with the riffs and grooves on the album.

All in all, I really like this album and have listened to it quite a few times while reviewing it, and as a plus I was really excited to hear a band with Kevin Talley in which he does not play blast beats all the time and let me tell you, it is glorious. I give this album a 9/10.

Written by Nikola Milošević

ThrOes Official Website
ThrOes Facebook
ThrOes Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment