Donate

Support us by donating :)




Ad

Ad

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Review: Burn The Ocean - Come Clean


When I heard the name for the band I was about to review I was like, please don’t be another fucking metalcore band. I was wrong luckily but not too far off.

They obviously took a lot of inspiration from Led Zeppelin and AC/DC there is even a cover of Blackdog on the album. With this song I think they made a mistake by covering it. They just don’t hit it like Led Zeppelin. I mean, it’s cool if you want to pay homage to a band you like but for god's sake make sure that song fits into your repertoire. The singer is not able to hit the notes like Robert Plant can. It sounds a little ‘overproduced’ which kind of takes away the experience of the song.

The rest of the album is not too bad but I feel like some other bands have done this before. It is not your average cup of tea but it certainly isn’t that original.

With a guitar sound like theirs (which is very pleasurable) they could have done bigger things. The album as a whole sounds pretty plain. Like I mentioned before the music sounds overproduced and you hear that the best with the drum sound. It’s too loud and present. It should be the backbone to support the music. There is a certain feeling about the drums I do not like, especially the kick drum. It sounds a little fake.

All taken into consideration, Burn the Ocean is good for your local club if they really need someone to perform that night. This is not something I would show to my friends while saying this is definitely something you need to hear. Come Clean is an “okay-ish” album with overproduced drums and underproduced bass. I’m sure there’s a group of people that like this stuff but it’s just not for me. Burn The Ocean haven’t discovered a loophole in metalworld. I just did not find it worth my time. But I hope for the band there are other people who like it.

5/10

Written by Joost van der Leij

Burn The Ocean Official Website
Burn The Ocean Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment