Donate

Support us by donating :)




Ad

Ad

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Live review: Suffocation, Cattle Decapitation, Abiotic at Doornroosje, Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 20-3-2016

On March 20th, I went to Doornroosje in Nijmegen to check out Cattle Decapitation. It was my first time going to this venue as well as seeing these 3 bands and I was most definitely not disappointed! The sound was great, throughout the entire show I was able to hear all the instruments equally and clearly, which isn’t always the case, unfortunately. The show wasn’t very crowded at first, so I was able to stand pretty much anywhere and still have some space and enjoy the show.

Abiotic

I got in just after Abiotic had started their show. I had never heard of these guys before, I must say, but my first thought was: WOW! So, these guys are a 5 piece deathcore monster from Miami, Florida and have only been for 6 years and put out 2 full length albums and an EP. I knew what I was in for when going to see Cattle Decapitation and Suffocation, but I wasn’t expecting technical stuff the likes of this. Anyway, back to the live performance. Since I hadn’t listened to these guys beforehand, I was very easily impressed by their show. I immediately concluded that their live shows must be as good as- or even better than on album, and after actually listening to both their albums, I can safely conclude that Abiotic is a MUST SEE for death(core) fans! Everything was just spot on with these guys, Surprisingly, the crowd didn’t go wild during this show, but it was great nonetheless.

Cattle Decapitation

For me, this band is what got me to the show tonight. It was my first time seeing them and after they were done, I was certain it would not be the last time. They opened up with ‘’Manufactured Extinct’’ from their latest album, ‘’The Anthropocene Extinction’’. If you know the song, you know that it has a lot of vocal variety, so I was very eager to hear how that would work out live. HOLY SHIT, that singer is a BEAST! So is the rest of the band, by the way, but seriously, the vocals were amazing. Cattle Decapitation performed damn near perfectly. The sound was facemelting, there was some good moshing action going on, the light show was spectacular and really added that extra something to the show as a whole. I wish it had lasted longer, but they did a bunch of new songs, some old ones, and of course the crowd favorite: ‘’Forced Gender Reassignment’’.

Suffocation

Co-headliner Suffocation was the last band of the night, and they meant serious business. From the moment they took the stage, until the last note of their last song, this show was just pure madness. The band was lined up at the front of the stage; it felt like a wall of angry sounds was coming at me from the front, while being knocked over by people moshing behind me. I hadn’t listened to these guys (much) before, but I have now. Though I have to say, live performances are better than listening to the album with this band, because they’re really good musicians and their shows kinda make that very obvious. I would mind seeing them again, and you shouldn’t either! All in all I would say these bands did a f-ing outstanding job and really kept a great groove going and complemented to eachother’s sounds and styles really well. Check out their music and shows sometime if you haven’t!

Written by Nino Milillo

Facebook Suffocation
Twitter Suffocation
Official website Cattle Decapitation
Facebook Cattle Decapitation
Twitter Cattle Decapitation
Facebook Abiotic
Twitter Abiotic

No comments:

Post a Comment