Donate

Support us by donating :)




Ad

Ad

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Review: Conan - Revengeance


The trio with the ballsy name of Conan produced our fix of caveman metal for this year.

With a primitive sound to their instruments they march onward and onward etcetera. This last is also a bit of their downfall on this 6 song album called ‘Revengeance’.

When you (like me) find yourself in a mood to listen to slow sludgy/doomy metal music you have two options. The first one being: put on a Sludge/doom playlist and when you hear a good song with a catchy riff you look up the artist and play an album by them. The second option is the one I use most myself. Look up the bands you know and search for similar artists and find your perfect sound that matches your mood.

‘Revengeance’ is a solid doom metal record but for me it doesn’t stand out of the masses. Especially the vocals sort of kill it for me. Instead of a heavy growling sound that you would expect to be part of this music it is a higher pitches clean vocal for a great amount of time.

As I said, don’t get me wrong. This is a very solid doom release and I’m sure a lot of people are going to love it but for me it lacks originality in riffing and just goes from start to finish in one big blow to the ears. Conan delivers what they stand for and I have got to give them credit for it.

‘Revengeance’ is a solid release by a solid band. The only thing I really miss is something that has never been done before. Something original.

Rating: 6,5 / 10

Written by Joost van der Leij

Facebook
Official website

No comments:

Post a Comment