Donate

Support us by donating :)




Ad

Ad

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Live review: An Evening With Knives, 20 February 2016 at Xinix Nieuwendijk, Nieuwendijk, The Netherlands

Last Saturday in Xinix Nieuwendijk a few real metal fans were treated to this, almost psychedelic, experience in the form of An Evening With Knives. At first I must say I did not expect this. Their name could have easily been one for a generic metalcore band. I do not say this to mock the band in any way neither do I ask them to change the name. That is, for one reason. I will never forget this band with this name.

This is one of the best shows I have ever seen in this venue and that says a lot because I go there for my fix of good music almost every week. This week I was left in shock. I even forgot to buy their CD for in my car because I needed it so bad. I was left in a trance and even right now I am still pondering on which song is the very best. It think the one I enjoyed most was “Thoughts & Regrets”. Pounding riffs with a very fitting psychedelic element with conducts you into a trance that doesn’t fade the whole concert.

Also, the stage presence of the band is amazing. They know when to make their moves and it’s never too much. Especially the guitarist/singer. He knows when to play his solos and he knows when to keep it a little quieter when the atmosphere asks for it.

The one thing I hated about this show is that there were so few people. It was a free night for Christ’s sake. I wouldn’t have want to miss this band. It was a great night and it was certainly one for the books to remember.

While I continue listening to the 2 studio recorded songs they have on Spotify I sincerely hope to see them again and buy their CD to listen to in my car. It is just one of those things you really need in your sludge metal life. Go check ‘em out ya filthy animals.

Written by Joost van der Leij

Official website
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment