Donate

Support us by donating :)




Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Review: Solution .45 - Nightmares In The Waking State Part 1


Having not heard of this band before, the first thing I did when I got the album to review it was to look up the bio provided with the album, and realised that the names involved in this band are actually familiar to me, especially the guys from Scar Symmetry and after I saw the bio I thought I knew what to expect from this piece, and oh boy was I wrong.

First of all, by the name of the album, the album art and the genre of the band (melodic death metal) you might get the impression that it is a classic Swedish melo-death album and you would be wrong. It has a much much more modern metal vibe in its sound, perhaps even some metalcore-ish sounds and influences in it dare I say.

The first track is overtly melodic and everything you would expect from a melo-death band, but the second plunges right in the more modern sound. It is still melodic but with clean vocals overpowering the growling vocals and even some breakdown moments that accent the more metalcore elements of the band. And I don't say that as a bad thing. I may not be a fan of the genre, but I can appreciate a well performed and composed song of the genre. And this album is just that, the mix of melodic and breakdown riffs is great and not seen that much in the scene these days, it one or the other. This perhaps is a album the bands of the scene can learn from and improve.

The overall sound quality is as expected, great and overwhelmingly clean sounding, there is not frequency mix ups, and if you want to hear the individual instruments you can do so with no effort. One of the things I really like is the vocals. Both the performance and the recordings. Just great.

I would seriously recommend this album to everyone who is into melodic and metalcore-ish stuff every day, just listen and enjoy the immense musicianship at work here.

Written by Nikola Milošević

Official website
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment